BURNING IN LEG

myrio

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
VEGETABLES
i have had a burning sensation in right leg below my knee for about two weeks. Today the feeling is intense i wondered if anyone else suffers from this and what i should do about it

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Mention it to your Medic at your next appointment. Sorry I cant be more helpful @myrio :)

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i have had a burning sensation in right leg below my knee for about two weeks. Today the feeling is intense i wondered if anyone else suffers from this and what i should do about it

This is exactly what I have! I have no rash and the skin is not hot to the touch but feels like it should be really hot to the touch. It's incredibly uncomfortable. I've recently seen my doctor who thinks it's nerve pain or a compressed nerve. I've been prescribed gabapentin for it and have to book an appointment for approx 2 weeks time. I also have high blood pressure which she's trying to bring down with an increase and change in BP meds.

I would make an appointment with your Dr ASAP as if it's anything like mine it won't go away :(

Keep us updated as I'm interested in what your doctor thinks.

Last edited:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Make sure you are checked for a Vitamin B12 deficiency - it can cause all sorts of nerve pain.

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Make sure you are checked for a Vitamin B12 deficiency - it can cause all sorts of nerve pain.

I have a blood test booked for Wednesday and they will also be checking B12. I think the primary reason she asked me to book one was to check other functions due to the change and increase in my BP meds. But yes, I agree with you @Indy51

paulhaggan1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I frequently get burning in my right leg above the knee on the front of the lower thigh and when I touch the affected area it's ice cold .

Reactions: SWUSA_

hornplayer

I frequently get burning in my right leg above the knee on the front of the lower thigh and when I touch the affected area it's ice cold .

Just guessing, but wouldn't a burning sensation indicate a nerve issue? - I fell off a horse a while ago and did something nasty to my lower back. That burned for months.
The cold to the touch thing, I'm guessing that is more likely to be a circulation problem.
With the two together, I'm wondering if something is trapped? I'd get it looked at if I were you. Just to be safe.

Kenny_g.v

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Get it checked out ASAP and also keep a daily foot check on condition of skin I lost two toes and part of my foot through not listening been db for well over ten years type 2,,

wookie101

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I had something simular to this... it felt like a burning rush of water from below my right knee which was very off putting when it happened.

I don't know what medicine you're on, but I found asking my doctor to switch me from normal metformin to the slow release metformin sorted this out for me...

Hope that helps.