1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Burnout!!

Discussion in 'Emotional and Mental Health' started by aileenmoore00, Jun 14, 2017.

1. aileenmoore00

aileenmoore00 Type 1 · Member

Help! Diabetes burnout, trying to get back to it! Motivation and tips welcome. Thanks in advance

2. Aestire

Aestire Don't have diabetes · Active Member

Do you have pets? My kitty, Kumo has been my motivation for a very long time. I am a reactive hypoglycemic, have been since I was 13. I often find myself struggling to prick my finger, which I do almost 20+ times a day. I HATE eating. But I have to, 6+ times a day. It's exhausting. But in all honesty, my kitty keeps my head up. He's sweet, fluffy, cuddly, and if for some reason I fail to eat fast enough and I get so fatigued that all I have the energy to do is sleep until my blood sugar returns to normal- he is always down for a nap, no matter how long it takes (unless he's out of food, haha). I would recommend to find someone or something that makes the struggle just a little more worth it.

• Like Like x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook