Butter vs olive oil

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
i know butter is a MCT. What I don't know is how it effects bg and satiety. Olive oil is of course pure fat but it does zip, nada, ziltch to slow any bg rise nor does it satisfy hunger. Does butter?? I can't just use olive oil as a fat or I'm starving it seems like water. Mayo is slightly better than oil and avocado is much better. I wonder where butter fits in?
I put butter and garlic olive oil in my turkey and mushroom gravy. I'll see how it goes with the addition of butter. Of course I plopped some avo chunks on too. I'm just not satisfied without it and wonder if butter would work kind of the same.

Looks like I have some experimenting to do. I HATE being hungry!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Actually I guess what I'm wondering is if animal fat like chicken skin, bacon and cheese make me IR, would butter too? Or tdoesn the MCT component make a difference?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Actually I guess what I'm wondering is if animal fat like chicken skin, bacon and cheese make me IR, would butter too? Or tdoesn the MCT component make a difference?

Hey! I like butter & olive oil..

But does animal fat make one insulin resistant? Or just a case of slowing down the digestion...??

Not trying to turn this into "a thing." :cool: Promise!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey! I like butter & olive oil..

But does animal fat make one insulin resistant? Or just a case of slowing down the digestion...??

Not trying to turn this into "a thing." :cool: Promise!
GOOD POINT!!! It is harder for me to digest. I feel fuller longer and that's not always a good thing! I don't like being hungry but I don't like being full. I just like being....