Butter, which one is best?

AnnM99

Hi,
Can anyone educate me regarding which butter is best please??
I buy a lovely low carb bread and want to butter it .... Not sure which one. Bs under control but cholesterol at 5.5 so keen to make the right choices.
Thanks.
Looking at Grassfed????

M

Member496333

Kerrygold is quite popular with whole food keto types. It’s purportedly made from grass fed cow’s milk and all that implies. Doesn’t claim to be grass finished, though, so that could mean anything. I’m sure there are others but Kerrygold comes recommended by many.

D

Deleted member 543160

I think sometimes "Grass fed" is a bit of a sneaky sales ploy - in the UK most of our cows will be grass fed anyway - AFAIK it's mainly USA that this may not always be so. Just look at plain ordinary 100% butter and not spreadable or light(er) versions which may have non-butter additives in the way of oils, water, etc. Check nutritional information if in doubt.

Salted or unsalted is up to you.

My preference has always been Kerrygold salted - for almost as long as I've been buying butter, and since well before I was ever diagnosed with T2!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,
Can anyone educate me regarding which butter is best please??
I buy a lovely low carb bread and want to butter it .... Not sure which one. Bs under control but cholesterol at 5.5 so keen to make the right choices.
Thanks.
Looking at Grassfed????

Any regular butter just don't buy the spreadable stuff that has been adulterated with seed oils.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We get Western Star slightly salted butter to put on both low and high carb bread.

D

Deleted member 543160

I've just checked out of idle curiosity as I swear by their Creme Fraiche, and Ocado also stocks the butter.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
We use the Lidl Deluxe West Country Butter with sea salt crystals.
Produced in Somerset from British milk.
[Which I assumes not from Northern Ireland?]

The extra salt makes a lot of difference to the flavour, especially in my morning coffee.