Bye-bye gliclazide! :-)

stevolution

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Yay!

My DSN has just told me that as my blood glucose has been so good the last week (betwen 4 and 7) I can drop the Gliclazide so long as I increase the Metformin to 2g daily. :angel: :D
I'm so happy as I'm sure the Glic contributes to weight gain as it keeps the insulin production ticking over all the time, not just when there's food in my belly. Also, my pancreas shouldn't wear out quite as quickly, if I understand the process.

Size 36 jeans for summer? Gonna try! :lol:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Well done!
I got rid of gliclazide ages ago. I think it's nasty stuff. +I didn't up my Metformin, I cut back on my carbs. I even cut out one Metformin. I'm on 2 x 500Met per dqay
with bgs between 4 and 6 all the time HbA1c in the 5%s and 3 stone lighter.
Hana

Defren

Absolutely brilliant. You have worked so hard, and completely turned your life around. You deserve this, for all the effort you have put in to changing your lifestyle. Well done!

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Well done that's brilliant news!

stevolution

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks guys! I'm still grinning! :lol:
...my only concern is if my BGs start to climb again despite being on the full whack of Metformin.
I know it shouldn't on less than 30g and usually 20g carbs a day, but still. :***:

MaryJ

Well done Steve

If it does start to creep up despite controlling your carbs then you deal with it with the help of your DSN, at least you will know you've done all you can.

If it does start to creep up cos your control lessens - you do what you've just done - BUT that's not going to happen :p

Brilliant job

Mary x

Sarah1005

Since starting Byetta I have reduced glyclazide from 4 to 1 a day and next week will be stopping it completely, at least thats one weight gaining drug gone! lol