Byetta & Weight

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Norma,

The Frio bag contains gel crystals that absorb water and, in doing so, become very cold. You simply soak the bag for 5 to 10 minutes to activate the gel, drain any surface moisture off with a towel, slip the Byetta (or insulin) pen into the bag and the moistened gel will keep the pen cooled to around the same temperature as a fridge. But you should never store a Frio bag in the fridge because the combination of two sources of chill can cause the pen to freeze.

David,

Welcome to you - whatever you would like to know please fire away and I will be pleased to help if I can.

Silvercat

Well I have now put on 5 pounds since starting Byetta lol and have been eating the same food. I start the 10mcg pen next week and I am going to have a change in diet to see what I can do.
One good thing is that I finally got my case over and understood by my diabetic nurse about BG testing and she has persuaded my doctor to finally prescribe. I suppose it pays to be persistent.

david parkman

Dennis thanks, have also posted on the Byetta 10 thread. I get my start up next tuesday on B5 have been looking for info on peeps experiences, ie the nausea, weight loss and anything else that crops up.