Byetta

stuartclose

Hi Dennis

just a little brag.

Saw my Diabetic Consultant yesterday and had a very good 6 month review.

I was 79 kg when I first started Byetta, I am now 70.9, my bmi is 26 and hbaic 7.1. My tests are never over 7 now because I have been regularly dropping to 4.5 and sometimes under she has decided I only need 1/2 glicazide in the morning.

She has decided that I can now revert back to a 5m pen twice a day plus 2 metformin twice per day.

If all goes well with this as she believes my pancreas has "life", she may try me on a tablet beginning with C (similar to byetta) in the New Year when I have my next 6 month review.

So all in all I am delighted, the only downside is I have lost 1/2" in height - must be my age.

We're off to Cornwall in 2 weeks time for a weeks hols with our 2 corgis, am going to have a couple of treats, a cornish cream tea and seaside fish & chips, can't wait!! Will also be careful but we shall be walking miles.

Take care.

Pauline

smeekmo

Hi i am type 2 diabetic on byetta,not doing too bad,but have mega headaches with it .i have only been on it for a week,but do not have any nausea as of yet which is good.smeekmo