C Peptide test results

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi all

I have just been given my c peptide test result and I'm confused the result is 497 so my body from what I understand is making some insulin so then why are they upping my insulatard from 8 units at night to 6 units in morning and 14 units at night this has been after a 3 day course of steroids for a chest infection back in feb can anyone help me please understand

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi all

I have just been given my c peptide test result and I'm confused the result is 497 so my body from what I understand is making some insulin so then why are they upping my insulatard from 8 units at night to 6 units in morning and 14 units at night this has been after a 3 day course of steroids for a chest infection back in feb can anyone help me please understand
What is the reference range for the results? Or at least the units they have been measured in?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't it was over the phone I have a drs appointment on thurs to see whats what
In that case without knowing what the measurement unit is then I think you'd best wait to see what the doc has to say.. sorry I can't be more help.

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In that case without knowing what the measurement unit is then I think you'd best wait to see what the doc has to say.. sorry I can't be more help.
could it be 4.97 my drs don't have the results should I contact them and tell them

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
could it be 4.97 my drs don't have the results should I contact them and tell them
You should get the units of the measurement and ask what the reference range is otherwise the results are pretty meaningless... Printout would be even better of course.