Cadbury World

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well since people have been consuming it since about 1500 BC it's not surprising it's become quite popular is it.

"
It’s unclear exactly when cacao came on the scene or who invented it. According to Hayes Lavis, cultural arts curator for the Smithsonian’s National Museum of the American Indian, ancient Olmec pots and vessels from around 1500 B.C. were discovered with traces of theobromine, a stimulant compound found in chocolate and tea.
It’s thought the Olmecs used cacao to create a ceremonial drink. However, since they kept no written history, opinions differ on if they used cacao beans in their concoctions or just the pulp of the cacao pod."

https://www.history.com/topics/ancient-americas/history-of-chocolate
My Mrs used to pluck the cocoa pod off the tree in her garden and nibble on the cocoa bean inside. ( She tells me that in that form it is a white colour ).

Last edited:

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apart from a couple of squares of 85% with our morning coffee neither my wife or I like chocolate. Surely we are not the only ones, yet it seems to be a universally accepted that everyone likes chocolate. Boxes of chocolates are a standard gift, chocolate bars are a normal snack, many breakfast cereals have chocolate, deserts often feature chocolate. How did this one flavour come to be so dominant?
I wonder myself why chocolate became so popular especially for gifts. Chocolate was never something I craved so I have never missed it I suppose it all went along with not having much of a sweet tooth anyway although I did used to quite like dark chocolate covered ginger but can rarely find that anywhere these days.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder myself why chocolate became so popular especially for gifts. Chocolate was never something I craved so I have never missed it I suppose it all went along with not having much of a sweet tooth anyway although I did used to quite like dark chocolate covered ginger but can rarely find that anywhere these days.
I guess its simply a case of many people including kids enjoy milk chocolate. I know I did. Still do. Perhaps I over did it at times. That small bar the other day is the only one since February, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

Delivery by Tuesday too. :D
If you have Prime, and Amazon UK delivered to Australia, which they don't anymore.

It's quicker for me to do a five hour round trip to go to Yandina where the Ginger Factory is and get kilo bags there.