Calcium Scan and CAC score

dwnunder

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Big mouths
Just wondering if anyone has had their Calcium and CAC score done? I watched a video where Ivor Cummins interviewed Prof Matthew Budoff from the movie The Widow Maker. It seems a great test to have done as they give you a score so it lets you know just how much plaque that you have in your arteries. You can then adjust what you are doing or in some cases need emergancy surgery to clear any blockages. They say heart disease is the silent killer so at least with this test it can put one's mind at ease. Apparently some people's blood tests show that they are all in the right place but then after having this test done it can put them in a very different place. All the American presidents have to have it done. Here's a link if anyone would like to take a look.

Reactions: dbr10

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I'm in Canada where there is (essentially) no private health care, so there's no way the government would pay for such testing for me. I have considered getting the tests done in Las Vegas, but haven't done it yet. It only costs $350. However, I doubt I would change my lifestyle based on the results, so it's probably not worth doing.

Reactions: dbr10