calculating carb on conventional recipes?

Petal50

I am trying to convert some traditional baking recipes, and was wondering how to work out a total carb value of the end product. if that makes sense? there was a "diabetic" fruit cake recipe that had no sugar in it and very little flour but was loaded with.. chopped dates, raisins and sultanas... all of which are high carb/sugar content.
i calculated each item of ingredients added up and devided by 100 to give me a per 100g total :roll: :!: amazed it was wait for it... 63.9g per 100g not good :?
so what is the correct way to calculate recipe carbs????? advice please as i would love to bake my own versions of timeless classics, can do without the sugar in things and do soya or almond flour have similar properties as wheat flour?
thanks all.. and i promise to share any successful treats i come up with, after i've tested them of course :mrgreen:

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sounds as if you did it right but do make sure you use carb values from the UK, those from the US are calculated differently and will have fibre included so will be higher.
ie Whitworths raisins (UK) 70/100g
From a US site 79.18/100g
and yes dried fruit is very high carb!