Calories In Lchf Diet?

hazelzac

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hba1c 5.1
Ogtt 2 hr 8.5
Although I m not officially diagnosed as prediabetic but I consider my self at higher risk for diabetes after having two gestational diabetic pregnancies.
I started keto diet after that raised 2 hour ogtt and I must say I am enjoying this journey. I am loosing .1 to .4 kg per day (1 kg per week) and that feel is amazing .
I am not taking any carbs just some unavoidable things like tomatoes and onions .I am taking proteins but not taking too much fats just cheese .Just wondering how much calories I should consume? I am not counting my calories but I am sure I am well under 1000 calories as I take just 2 meals.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I do not worry about calories in my LCHF lifestyle. I replace the energy I get from carbs with energy from healthy fats so it is the source of calories that is important to me rather than the number of calories.

Reactions: hazelzac

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you hungry? Do you feel the way you are eating is sustainable? Personally I would say you may be in danger of slowing your metabolism with so few calories.. others no doubt would disagree..

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
A very short video from one who knows.