Cambridge Diet

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi has anyone done the Cambridge Diet being on a pump and if so how did you find it?? Thanks in advance!

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I haven’t tried the Cambridge diet. I don’t know anything about it. Are you trying to lose weight? Have you tried low carb diet which I think might be an easier option?

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Not sure why you would use a diet with expensive meals plans when you could read up on low carb and keto-diets via dietdoctor.com or Dr Bernstein's "Diabetes Solution"?
From my experience only, I suggest talking with your DSN first as going lower in carbs may affect insulin doses and risk hypos.

DawnOfTheZed

Am T2 on diet and metformin only. Am about to start Cambridge later this week. Some of the shakes look a bit too carby for me. The gluten-free cappuccino shake looked OK, if I remember correctly. I've tried the Almasad shake which is some 15g of carbs per shake too. That hasn't given me a postmeal bg >+1 mmol/L so OK for me to consume.

I've been slowly losing weight in a medium low carb diet (about 70 g) about 1400-1600 cals per day. I've lost 13 kg in 7 months and Hba1c down from 54 to 43. I have another 15 kg to go though. Id like to try a more restricted (lower cal) diet to speed up weight loss, hence trying Cambridge (rebranded as 1:1 diet). The agent is supposed to write to your GP to inform them of this change in your diet (seek permission?), and presumably give GP a heads up if they need to change something in your meds etc to account for the change in diet. I've already got the go ahead from my GP and I've got a refresher Hba1c test to do just before I start it so we can see what happens after a few months on it.

I'd be grateful to hear positive and negative experiences from others on this or another Total Replacement Diet (TRD).