Camping trip - what food ?

Sweet_Sophie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, in a few days we are going away camping with the cubs. Food will be cooked for us. Breakfast is cooked eggs tomatoes mushrooms.etc..Ideal.

Lunch will be a packed lunch so I will bring my high protein bread although I usually skip sandwiches.

Evening will be pasta, enchiladas and fish and chips in Cromer. I'm thinking of just topping up with tin vegetables and salads. I do not bring any cooking equipment as everything is dealt with on site by all adults leaders. Would you have any ideas for me ? The easier to fit in the better. Lovely big pudding every single evening!!

Ps I test myself here and there as my A1c is 42 my aim is to loose my extra weight by LCDiet. Thanks guys for your input.

D

Deleted Account

Is it possible to eat the standard evening meals without the high carb content: the sauce for the pasta and the contents of the enchiladas.
Regarding fish and chips, I am not a fan of the batter but find it a great way to cook/steam the fish so you could pull the batter apart and just eat the fish inside with some mushy peas on the side. That's what I alwasy do and I don't eat LC.

Reactions: Sweet_Sophie

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We have fish from the chip shop. I just have fish and a few peas, and find the batter peels off easily with a knife.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
A jar of nut butter or nuts or just nuts . A few avocados. Bagged lettuce if you have access to a fridge. Cheese. All can be brought in a portable cooler until you get there.

Tinned tuna or salmon.