Can’t eat anything with carbs

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can you change your profile as it helps attract the people who can help you best.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Carbs are the problem whatever type you are. Type 2 can have some very high numbers too but it’s good that they have done more thorough testing and not made assumptions as you do have some signs of type 1 too. Fingers crossed for clarity soon.

If you are a type 1 or a 1.5 it will be because you lack the insulin to process them. Insulin will be required and allow you to eat carbs at a level of your choosing. Some choosing to limit them for various reasons including lower doses, smaller errors etc they can explain if and when you reach this point, others choose to eat more typically as they did prior to diagnosis.

If type 2 it will be because you are insulin resistant and the already likely high levels of insulin you have just doesn’t work as a result. Improving insulin sensitivity and removing the thing that causes you problems - the carbs - is the obvious solution most of us follow with good results, making even total remission for a decent number of people.

Until you get the results, and possible beyond, cutting out those carbs is the best thing you can do to manage them in the immediate time frame. Once you know more then you can decide how to manage longer term. If you are hungry/losing weight the answer is in eating filling foods that are low in carbs. Fats mostly and proteins. Most type 2 in here do that long term LCHF low carb high(er) fat without problems, just benefits (though maybe some teething/adjustment issues we can help overcome).

I agree carbs are A problem for type 1s too but certainly not the only problem. Even without the carbs we eat, bodies produce glucose via other means and that raises our glucose levels (basal). Also even when eating zero carbs for a meal we sometimes need to use insulin for protein for example so even in the absence of carbs it's all a bloomin' nuisance. x

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree carbs are A problem for type 1s too but certainly not the only problem. Even without the carbs we eat, bodies produce glucose via other means and that raises our glucose levels (basal). Also even when eating zero carbs for a meal we sometimes need to use insulin for protein for example so even in the absence of carbs it's all a bloomin' nuisance. x
Yeah I appreciate that. I wasn’t meaning to suggest otherwise, just talking in terms of immediate actions that were controllable whilst waiting on results.

Reactions: KK123

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Starstruck111 - If you're struggling to change your type of diabetes, myself or any of the other Mods can do that for you. Just let us know.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If u could that would be great. I try to click on my pic and nothing happens x

That's all done for you Starstruck.

It's not so much clicking on your pic that opens your account settings, it's hovering over your uer name at the top of a browser page. It reveals a drop down menu, like this:

upload_2020-4-20_21-52-7.png

To make account adjustments, you need to be using a browser, as opposed to the App.

Anyway, that's just for information now.

Good luck with it all. It must be a bit of a shocker to have your formal diagnosis, but at least now you and your team can start to plan how to get you back to full health.