Can’t keep my bloods up

sarahm723

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi I’m on a strict diet eating the same 3 meals daily started Monday as I’m trying to keep a stable line for the recovery of my vitrectomy ... porridge 30g breakfast
Lunch 2 brown bread with a lean meat
Dinner is 60g (uncooked) rice and lean meat with veg
I’m trying to keep them around 8 and 9 but can’t keep them up , in reducing insulin every day ... could my lantud of 26 be the overall problem that it’s too much .. my bloods are perfect but they are too perfect as I can’t drop my hba1c too quick or it will make my eyes worse
I was used to double figures and now they are floating at 4 5 6 7 but it’s too much too quick .

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I’m on a strict diet eating the same 3 meals daily started Monday as I’m trying to keep a stable line for the recovery of my vitrectomy ... porridge 30g breakfast
Lunch 2 brown bread with a lean meat
Dinner is 60g (uncooked) rice and lean meat with veg
I’m trying to keep them around 8 and 9 but can’t keep them up , in reducing insulin every day ... could my lantud of 26 be the overall problem that it’s too much .. my bloods are perfect but they are too perfect as I can’t drop my hba1c too quick or it will make my eyes worse
I was used to double figures and now they are floating at 4 5 6 7 but it’s too much too quick .

Hi @sarahm723 ,

Well? The figures you're currently at are looking good. Through I appreciate it's doing too good to quick for the eye issue & treatment...
I would be starting with the basal.. (Lantus.) maybe a basal test, but in this case tailoring the dose to the gradual A1c drop to accommodate the vitrectomy recovery. (Which I'm boldly assuming the A1c steady drop was advice from your HCPs?) link here https://mysugr.com/basal-rate-testing/