Can a T1 have non surgical liposuction?

morethanmutts

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jellied eels ;)
I have been going to the gym for about a year now and have improved my fitness and increase my muscle. My only problem is I have a stubborn layer of fat around the middle.
Recently my wifes friend underwent non surgical ultrasonic liposuction and lost inches in a matter of weeks. I'm now considering this for myself.
Non surgical ultrasonic liposuction is where they take an ultrasound type device and massage the are you wish to reduce for about 20 mins. It emits a high frequency sound that makes the fat cells vibrate and burst. The liquid fat then drains from the body via the lymphatic system and circulation. It also travels through the liver before eventually leaving your body in urine.
There is very little info available on this technique with regards to diabetes. I phoned a salon which offers it and she said that although they advise against diabetics having the procedure, if I was controlled then the biggest side effect would be bruising.
Has anyone had any experience with this method of liposuction or heard anything about it regarding diabetes?? Any advice or opponions greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Peter.

Tracey69

HI
I don't know enough about this but i wouldn't of thought it would harm as it is only ultrasonic, but please talk to your doctor first. As you lose the weight your diabetes levels may change please please talk to your doctor
Hope all goees well.
Tracey

coffeeguy66

Hi morethanmutts,

I'm Daz, a new member, I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes back in January 2001. I did inject initially and then went on to pills and diet, now back on insulin.

I have a job that involves a fair bit of driving and I don't exercise nearly as much as I should although I do do some exercise each week. My waistline at 46 yrs old is too big (42in, 6ft tall) and I am desperate to shed weight but find it so hard to shift. I came across The Slimline Clinic on the net and having read the blurb and googled a bit on the subject I am , like you, seriously thinking of seeing if I am suitable for this treatment.

I noticed your post was back in March of this year, I just wondered if you finally took the plunge and went ahead with the ultrasonic lipo ?? If so , what were the results etc?

Nice to meet everyone and hope to hear from any member that can offer any advice along with what Tracey69 has already offered ( Hi Tracey :) )

warmest regards,

Darron from Leicester.