Can cats be vegan?

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't go near him with a lighted match!
A friend had a lurcher when we were young that was a living gas producer and could have supplied his own gas light. :)
Reminds me of that sketch with Dudley Moor in 10, the one with the dog and the housekeeper.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A friend told me a story regarding one of his pet Dobermans. He came downstairs at night to find the dog rigid on the floor in what seemed to be a coma. He called the vet and arranged, after agreeing an exorbitant fee, that he would meet him at his clinic. The vet lifted the dog onto the examination table, at which point the dog gave out a horrendous fart and was immediately back to normal. My friend discovered later that the dog had rescued his leftover takeaway curry from the bin. Never had a case of wind been so expensive!

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
When I lived in Australia I knew many people who kept their cats inside - if you let them out they eat the native animals. Having said that, most cats I've met would eat animals inside the house (mice, rats etc) but most people seem ok with that...

and @Tipetoo - especially! :)

Anti predation collars! We use them on our cats here in Kiwiland - you know - the land of the poor ol' flightless birds (and native lizards).

Aussie has these great flexi 'bibs' you can put on cats to stop them hunting. Extremely effective. As in 100% - they can't leap and grab etc.

There is also an 'Elizabethan ruff' that cuts down kills of native birds and lizards etc by 80-90%. Gives the birds and lizards more time to escape, because they see them earlier and better. And still lets them kill blasted rodents, who were also introduced here along with the cats.

No need to kill our feline friends. Or even keep them indoors. We humans with opposable thumbs have invented and designed and sell these wonderful anti predation devices! Go (naturally omnivore/carnivore) humans! (This one who loves - and who can deny? naturally carnivorous - cats.)

(And Each to his own! Go vegetarianism and Veganism! ) (but not for cats!!!!!!!)