Can I have some energy please?

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
For the last few years I've felt like a balloon with a slow leak! No energy, exhausted all the time and some days no appetite at all. Some days I almost fall asleep at work. Why?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Noticed you were on Orlistat.
Side effects of this drug,
Side-effects

oily leakage from rectum, flatulence, faecal urgency, liquid or oily stools, faecal incontinence, abdominal distension and pain (gastro-intestinal effects minimised by reduced fat intake), tooth and gingival disorders; respiratory infections; fatigue, anxiety, headache; menstrual disturbances, urinary-tract infection; hypoglycaemia; rarely rectal bleeding; very rarely diverticulitis, cholelithiasis, hepatitis, and bullous eruptions
(from BNF)

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
With all those side effects seems as though it should have a health warning on it!!
I was lethargic all the time before taking Orlistat though. My bg is around 4.5 to 6.5 so is under control. :?: :cry:

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
Hi gillyh,

Could be worth getting your thyroid function checked out.

Regards,
timo.

gillyh

Dislikes
I do have a slightly underactive thyroid gland but doctor had it checked out and it's okay. Too small a difference for tablets. I'm not aneamic but do have it occassionally. I really need something to boost my levels of energy. I take B1 tablets, over 50(age that is) supplements with multivitamins/minerals, evening primrose and glucosamine sulphate every day.
I eat fruit, vegetables, low fat, low sugar, little meat, fish but I still feel so tired. :(

Eliminator

Dislikes
People who talk ***** and tell lies.
You sound like you have things under control, along with a good diet. Could it be stress related or possible depression ?

I do not wish to get personal and you don't need to post the answer, I am just throwing idea's your way of the most common things that make you feel a lack of energy. :wink:

gillyh

Dislikes
You're probably right about the depression. I have suffered from it for years now. I'm on anti-depressants at the moment as it went really bad 3 months ago. I do have good days now and then but they're getting few and far between lately.
Part of it is loss of interest in my hobbies...photography, gardening, reading. I used to love to go off wandering for the day. Deciding at the last minute where I fancied going. :(

Eliminator

Dislikes
I had that same a couple of years ago, with a total lack of intererest in everything I loved.

I was on medication for depression too, my fav hobby was fishing.

I sort of felt I wanted to go fishing, I knew I liked fishing, but when I actualy thought right I am going fishing today, my brain would say " But it's all the bother of getting the gear ready, loading it into the car, dragging it down to the lake, setting it all up, then it will probably rain, then if I catch nothing it's a waste of time.

End result. I think I will leave it today.

Well thats part of what is was like for me. Nowdays I could be sitting at home doing nothing, the thought of fishing pops in my head. I am out the door within 5 mins.
I guess if I sat and thought about it now, I could easy put it off till tomorrow, but why put it off till tomorrow when you can do it today !

Maybe you should grab your camera, go outside in all this wind we have today and take a few snaps, you might remember its more fun and relaxing again, ok your gona get cold but you don't have to do it all day. lol

Hope my story helps in some way.

Eliminator.

gillyh

Dislikes
Thanks Eliminator......your story matches mine so well. Thanks too for the verbal 'kick up the bum' i needed. I will definitely do that in future. No car though it will have to be within a bus/train journey.
I usually do overtime most Saturdays but I have a week off soon. So my wandering days will be back!! I've got an annual pass to the local zoo and living museum and with a bus pass there's no excuse is there!!!
Thanks Eliminator and everybody else for trying to help me!! :p :roll:

gillyh

Dislikes
I need someobody like yourself to give me the proverbial 'kick up the bum' to make me count my blessings and just get on with life. I've got a job which pays bills with a little bit over to enjoy, home of my own (nearly paid for!!) and some sort of healthy life. :mrgreen:

Eliminator

Dislikes
See your looking at it the right way now, that all you needed to do to turn things round.

Like me, tried my own business last year, after 12 months went bust, married with 2 kids lost my house let everyone down, now live in small council house with a cheap car, got stressed and severe depression blah blah blah.
No job, previous job was HGV, started insulin last month lost HGV licence.

But I have a lovly wife, 2 great kids and going on holiday to Bulgeria in 2 weeks and loads of free time to start something from home on the internet.

I have just bought a vinyl cutter and will be advertising custom stickers and t-shirts soon.

Life is too short anyway so why worry, get out and enjoy it.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Gilly,
If you are a woman of child bearing age, with a suspect thyroid, get your doctor to check your thyroid levels fat different times in your cycle. Having had similsr problems when I was younger, I'm convinced that that makes a BIG difference
Hana

gillyh

Dislikes
Eliminator let us know how you get on with the new business and enjoy your holiday. You deserve it!! thanks for your help.
I'm 51 now hanadr but will mention it to the doctor. Would be surprised if he did something about it though. will have to nag him? Womens pergative....nagging men!! :lol: :mrgreen:
Still feel 'not right' today and loss of appetite completely. Fancy McFlurry though so off to Mcdonalds after overtime!! Mmmmmm :wink: :lol: