Type 2 Can i lie.

varma21345

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I have my appointment with the doctor very soon. Last time my results were not good and I have been put on Meds.I am completely in denial with usage of meds so, decided to work with my diet and yes they worked out very good as per readings from my meter. All of them stayed in non-diabetic range all the time. I have done all this with help from online sources and majorly from the forum with no consultation from my Doctor.Presently I am out of my strips and the problem now is if my doctor finds out my numbers are good he will be of the opinion Meds worked and again i will be continuously put on medicines if in other case i reveal all diet thing they may cancel my strips. In Germany they only provide strips free of cost who are on meds as per my knowledge. If anyone one from Germany can help me in specific . I am under AOK. Others please let me know if i can lie to the Doctor and continue to be treated as dependent by meds.

P.S: I am a student and due to the diet i check my blood sugars very frequently and i cannot afford that amount of strips so regularly.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Personally speaking, I would never lie to a doctor or any other HCP. That kind of precedent can end up biting you on the bum.

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Of course you can lie to the doctor, if you so wish. Some of us would call it "being economical with the truth". If asked, "how are you getting on with the meds?' the answer is , "fine thank you, doctor". After all an unopened pill bottle doesn't cause any problems.
However, perhaps you should find out what your latest HbA1c is before making any big decisions, also, you are now established on a diet (low carb?) and you should be able to keep to this without constant testing, just avoid carbs.
Sally

Reactions: Mandi05

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quite apart from any other considerations it`s a hell of a waste of meds to have them and not use them. As Sally said, see what your Hba1c says and if it comes out good then you won`t have to keep testing anyway because you will know what your diet should be.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
Hi, I have my appointment with the doctor very soon. Last time my results were not good and I have been put on Meds.I am completely in denial with usage of meds so, decided to work with my diet and yes they worked out very good as per readings from my meter. All of them stayed in non-diabetic range all the time. I have done all this with help from online sources and majorly from the forum with no consultation from my Doctor.Presently I am out of my strips and the problem now is if my doctor finds out my numbers are good he will be of the opinion Meds worked and again i will be continuously put on medicines if in other case i reveal all diet thing they may cancel my strips. In Germany they only provide strips free of cost who are on meds as per my knowledge. If anyone one from Germany can help me in specific . I am under AOK. Others please let me know if i can lie to the Doctor and continue to be treated as dependent by meds.

P.S: I am a student and due to the diet i check my blood sugars very frequently and i cannot afford that amount of strips so regularly.
I would be absolutely honest and tell my doctor the truth. Your doctor cannot properly advise you otherwise. Your blood work will tell the tale of whether or not diet is controlling your sugars.

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
I concur with what others have just suggested.

Regarding any health issue honesty really is the best policy. Possibly in the past things have worked out by being somewhat "economical" but if the professionals with a duty of care to you do not know exactly your situation then they will not be able to give you the advice and guidance you may one day critically need.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Trouble is even when you tell them the truth doctors don't always believe you.

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would never suggest that anyone should lie to their doctor.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have known doctors to lie to their patients on occasion. But never the less it's best to be honest even when it hurts.