1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Can The Active Insulin Be Reset On A 640g

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by monski, Aug 18, 2016.

1. monski

monski Type 1 · Member

I changed my set today, as it turns out the cannula didn't actually penetrate the skin. I discovered this when I decided to change it again with a blood reading of 21.
    I had been taking readings which had continually increased and I thought enough was enough and the correction bolus was doing nothing.
    So my machine now thinks I have 14units of active insulin where I only have 7.
    Can the amount be reset?

• Like Like x 2
  2. monski

monski Type 1 · Member

[​IMG]this was the cannula.

3. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

Most of the people on this forum are UK based - so it's probably a really bad time to get many responses to your query. I hope someone comes along soon. Maybe there's an online manual for the pump you use that may help you?

4. monski

monski Type 1 · Member

It was just something I wondered in the early hours of a night shift.

5. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

THis is what the manual says:

You can clear your active insulin only once. After you clear your active insulin, the feature is no longer available.

1. Go to the Manage Settings screen. Menu > Utilities > Manage Settings
    2. Simultaneously press and hold the right arrow and back button until the Manage Settings menu appears. The Manage Settings screen appears. If you have never cleared your active insulin, the Clear Active Insulin option appears.

Note: If the Clear Active Insulin selection does not appear on the Manage Settings screen, it means that you have already cleared your active insulin on the pump.

3. Select Clear Active Insulin. A confirmation screen appears asking if you want to continue.

4. Select Clear to clear your active insulin value from your pump. If you do not want to clear your active insulin at this time, select Cancel.

A message appears confirming that your active insulin value is cleared.

• Like Like x 2
  6. paulliljeros

paulliljeros Other · Well-Known Member

An interesting question, and I had exactly the same question for Animas Vibe over the weekend .... For anyone interested, Animas stated it is NOT possible to reset the IOB information on the Vibe pump.

• Like Like x 2
  7. CarbsRok

CarbsRok Type 1 · Well-Known Member

It is because all you do is remove the battery, then the active insulin or IOB is removed

• Like Like x 2
  8. paulliljeros

paulliljeros Other · Well-Known Member

I am disappointed i disnt even think of that! Thank you!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mrsass

Mrsass Type 1 · Well-Known Member

If it becomes a frequent thing, look into what other cannula's are available, mine suddenly after months of using them started doing this so I switched to a steel one and never had any probs :)

10. monski

monski Type 1 · Member

Thinking about it, this isn't the first time I've had problems with the insertion of the cannula.
    Perhaps I'll look at the steel ones.
    Thanks.

11. gem09

gem09 · Active Member

Whats the name of the steel cannula?

12. Mrsass

Mrsass Type 1 · Well-Known Member

The one I use is Sure-T :)

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook