Can type 2s get gastoparesis?

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been getting terrible nerve pain for the past 3 weeks now and I have been on the lchf for 4 weeks I noticed my sugars have improved but it just floats around 4.8 to 5.1 don't go any higher I have had stomach problems since this has been going on and I have really slow digestive issues and gastric emptying I emptied my bowls out yesterday which came out in one massive messy clump (sorry for the graphic details) has any one else that's type 2 ever had this issue I've got an endoscope appointment coming up to check my gullet and around that area any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance for any replys

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Sorry to hear about your troubles, sounds really uncomfortable. The answer to your question is yes, but even non Diabetics can suffer with gastroparesis too.
Good luck with the scope and hope you get things sorted very soon.

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry to hear about your troubles, sounds really uncomfortable. The answer to your question is yes, but even non Diabetics can suffer with gastroparesis too.
Good luck with the scope and hope you get things sorted very soon.
Thanks for the reply and thanks for the best wishes me to it is painfull very much like a stinging numbness pain around the stomach arm back and left shoulder blade and like a lump feeling in the throat my hba1c is 42 according to the doctor that's good control

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Thanks for the reply and thanks for the best wishes me to it is painfull very much like a stinging numbness pain around the stomach arm back and left shoulder blade and like a lump feeling in the throat my hba1c is 42 according to the doctor that's good control

A 42 is not to be sneezed at, well done. Have you had gastric endoscopy before? I had it done twice and it proved inconclusive but the symptoms (not of gastroparesis) slowly dissipated over time. I never did find out what the cause was.

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A 42 is not to be sneezed at, well done. Have you had gastric endoscopy before? I had it done twice and it proved inconclusive but the symptoms (not of gastroparesis) slowly dissipated over time. I never did find out what the cause was.
No first time I know what the procedure is for it i hope that is my case it'll just get better over time and the symptoms dissappear I had this sort of problems before but never have it affected my stomach like It have now it lasted about 6 months then just completely vanished only to return now and I bet the endoscopy is hard has I have a very sensitive gag reflex I only got to touch my throat outside and I gag thank you for wisdom and kind words

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No first time I know what the procedure is for it i hope that is my case it'll just get better over time and the symptoms dissappear I had this sort of problems before but never have it affected my stomach like It have now it lasted about 6 months then just completely vanished only to return now and I bet the endoscopy is hard has I have a very sensitive gag reflex I only got to touch my throat outside and I gag thank you for wisdom and kind words
Do you take any meds that may cause it? Eg omeprazole or similar?

I had an endoscopy a few years ago. I tried to do it with just a numbing spray but as I was in a very emotional state having just lost my dad to cancer a couple of weeks earlier I freaked right out as soon as they tried to put the tube in, even though it really wasn’t that bad. Now the dr had a pretty poor attitude with me (rude in fact about me messing about too much!) but he gave me a sedative. To me it appeared to work almost immediately and I have absolutely zero memory of the procedure. I “woke up” in a very short space of time and felt nothing more than a little tired. Perhaps he gave me a healthy dose as he was so keen I wasn’t a problem to him! I’m usually very resistant to all medications, and includes other occasions I’ve had sedatives and all types of local and regional anesthetics, but not this time.

My point is I was offered this choice at the outset and if you are concerned you may react as I did I’d say take it from the outset.

Reactions: Arsenal79

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you take any meds that may cause it? Eg omeprazole or similar?

I had an endoscopy a few years ago. I tried to do it with just a numbing spray but as I was in a very emotional state having just lost my dad to cancer a couple of weeks earlier I freaked right out as soon as they tried to put the tube in, even though it really wasn’t that bad. Now the dr had a pretty poor attitude with me (rude in fact about me messing about too much!) but he gave me a sedative. To me it appeared to work almost immediately and I have absolutely zero memory of the procedure. I “woke up” in a very short space of time and felt nothing more than a little tired. Perhaps he gave me a healthy dose as he was so keen I wasn’t a problem to him! I’m usually very resistant to all medications, and includes other occasions I’ve had sedatives and all types of local and regional anesthetics, but not this time.

My point is I was offered this choice at the outset and if you are concerned you may react as I did I’d say take it from the outset.
Thanks for the reply sorry to here about your dad I to had lost my father but it was due to his diabetes that claimed his life I should be fine it's just mind over matter I've had every camera just about everywhere now in my body and by far the private area was the most worst and painfull I ever endured I didn't know what was worst the liquid being sprayed up it or the camera going in both is an experience to be felt. I was prescribed omeprazole a few weeks ago for acid reflux but not sure if that contributed to these symptoms I'm having

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. A few years has softened the wounds of loss most of the time now.

I too have had many photo ops from numerous angles. Tbh none were painful. I just freaked at this least personal one for emotional reasons.

Good luck. It’ll be over before you know it.

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks. A few years has softened the wounds of loss most of the time now.

I too have had many photo ops from numerous angles. Tbh none were painful. I just freaked at this least personal one for emotional reasons.

Good luck. It’ll be over before you know it.
My nearest appointment is 15 Jan next year that can't come around any quicker thanks for the best wishes

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Arsenal79 - How long have you been on your LC way of eating?

If it's something relatively new to you, you may find you're a bit dehydrated. It's quite common for those making the switch and becoming accustomed to it.

If you're fairly new to it, try really upping the amount of fluids you take on board and see what happens.

Good luck with the scope.

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Arsenal79 - How long have you been on your LC way of eating?

If it's something relatively new to you, you may find you're a bit dehydrated. It's quite common for those making the switch and becoming accustomed to it.

If you're fairly new to it, try really upping the amount of fluids you take on board and see what happens.

Good luck with the scope.
It's the 4th week now mind you I have had dry skin dry eyes dry mouth my pee is pretty clear when I go to toilet isn't that a sign of drinking enough fluids and thanks for the reply and well wishes will certainly give this a try