Can you get fake readings meaning that you going on in your body

leong

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
not putting weight
The ketones and high fasting blood glucose number do not sound good. Can you see your doctor? Maybe the infection is not gone-specific antibiotics treat specific bacteria better-you could be using the wrong antibiotic for the infection that you have. Antibiotics can also cause overgrowth of yeast=the antibiotics kill bacteria that keep the yeast in check and so you can get a thrush or overgrowth of yeast fungus in your digestive and/or urinary tract. Yogurt may help if this is the problem. All this could be better assessed by your doctor if you have access to them.
I do not think they are false numbers. I think something is making you sick. It could be eating too many carbohydrates but after hearing your recent history it sounds like you are still sick from the infection or damage caused by the infection. I would see my doctor as soon as possible.
Well found out I got a urine infection so will be on antibiotics let's hope this brings my levels back down thanks

leong

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
not putting weight
Thanks for all the help guys will keep you updated after the course is finished

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Well found out I got a urine infection so will be on antibiotics let's hope this brings my levels back down thanks
I am glad you got it tracked down. I hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: leong

leong

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
not putting weight
11.6 this morning 4th day in on the antibiotics nitrofurantoin 100mg not looking good still high :(

leong

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
not putting weight
but bread and rice I do plus potatoes and porridge ARE SUGARS!
Yea I understand that but I'm on the antibiotics for my urine infection. Because before I can eat bread with just rises to 8 or 9 . Not 20. Today I was hungry to a point I was getting belly pains and feeling shakey tested myself I was 14 something not right back to the drawing board.

leong

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
not putting weight
Ok so the antibiotics which I started taking for infection is causing it to go high

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have been on steroids for about twenty years and though they induced my diabetes and I cannot stop taking them with diet I have still managed to reduce my blood sugars so it is possible

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Someone mentioned, it but just to clarify. Some meters, including GlucoRx Nexus (I have one so I know) flash Ketone? warning when the BG is above a certain level. BG above 15 from memory but I haven't had a level that high for a few weeks now. On mine it has a question mark against it. It hasn't detected Ketones, its just because the BG is so high it thinks you might have Ketones and should check.

Reactions: leong

leong

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
not putting weight
Yes I have that one gluco rx and I also read that the antibiotics I'm on which is nitrofurantoin gives you fake readings

rfmiles

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people talking as fast as TV actors, newsgroup spammers
Ok will try broth not sure about tea as that could make it go high. But also it's been 3 and a half weeks now I've been talking prebiotic tabs and I'm still high. Does it take a long time for the stomach heal after a month course of antibiotics.?

Have you checked the level of carbohydrates in the prebiotic tabs? Do they weigh enough that that weight of pure sugar would have a definite effect on your readings?

leong

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
not putting weight
Have you checked the level of carbohydrates in the prebiotic tabs? Do they weigh enough that that weight of pure sugar would have a definite effect on your readings?
No the prebiotic tabs lower sugar with me

Pringle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Keep off the porridge and eat more fat have a good cooked breakfast I'm sure your sure levels will decrease