1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Can you get fake readings meaning that you going on in your body

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by leong, Jan 11, 2017.

1. leong

leong Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well found out I got a urine infection so will be on antibiotics let's hope this brings my levels back down thanks

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. leong

Thanks for all the help guys will keep you updated after the course is finished

3. SWUSA_

SWUSA_ Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I am glad you got it tracked down. I hope you feel better soon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. leong

11.6 this morning 4th day in on the antibiotics nitrofurantoin 100mg not looking good still high :(

5. leong

Yea I understand that but I'm on the antibiotics for my urine infection. Because before I can eat bread with just rises to 8 or 9 . Not 20. Today I was hungry to a point I was getting belly pains and feeling shakey tested myself I was 14 something not right back to the drawing board.

6. leong

Ok so the antibiotics which I started taking for infection is causing it to go high

7. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

I have been on steroids for about twenty years and though they induced my diabetes and I cannot stop taking them with diet I have still managed to reduce my blood sugars so it is possible

8. lowedb

lowedb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned, it but just to clarify. Some meters, including GlucoRx Nexus (I have one so I know) flash Ketone? warning when the BG is above a certain level. BG above 15 from memory but I haven't had a level that high for a few weeks now. On mine it has a question mark against it. It hasn't detected Ketones, its just because the BG is so high it thinks you might have Ketones and should check.

• Like Like x 1
  9. leong

Yes I have that one gluco rx and I also read that the antibiotics I'm on which is nitrofurantoin gives you fake readings

10. rfmiles

rfmiles Type 2 · Member

Have you checked the level of carbohydrates in the prebiotic tabs? Do they weigh enough that that weight of pure sugar would have a definite effect on your readings?

11. leong

No the prebiotic tabs lower sugar with me

12. Pringle

Pringle Type 2 · Member

Keep off the porridge and eat more fat have a good cooked breakfast I'm sure your sure levels will decrease

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook