Canagliflozin

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Would like to find how others find this drug. I have just been started on it.

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
Hi @h884 I have been on Dapagliflozin (Forxiga)for 6 months which I believe is similar - being an SLGT2 inhibitor as well. I have not had any side effects so far. I would recommend adopting a fairly low carb intake (not too drastic though) which will help to prevent thrush outbreaks (I keep under 80g of carbs per day - if you want to go lower it is important to talk it over with your gp/dn as it has been known rare situations to cause dka even with lowish blood sugar levels. It is also advisable to drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration as the pills work by flushing out glucose in the urine. Hope you find this helpful and that you achieve good results with this.

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for this. It is the same group of drugs. I am on this drug alone as I have not been able to tolerate any of the others I have been prescribed. This is the last drug before Insulin so I am hoping it goes okay.

Maxine3624

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I started on Forxiga about 4 days ago. Also take Met forming. No side effects so far but keep to low carb diet where possible. Feel a bit miffed tbh and sulking about yet another tablet being added. Have maintained same weight for 12 months but not loosing any so hoping it will help shift the weight. Good luck and keep chipping away.