Cannot Get My Readings Below 14 For 48 Hrs

CornishKate

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,

I am due a review and bloods with my DN Wednesday so have been keeping a food diary and readings on a sheet for her for 2 weeks (I do keep my readings recorded on my phone usually) but the last 2 days I have struggled to get below 14 :( my readings in the mornings have been in the 11-13 and then 1.5 hrs later at breakfast it’s up to 14. It’s in the 20s 2 hours later and back to 14 at mealtimes. I upped my Tresiba by 1 unit lay night and then planned to look at my mealtime ratios tomorrow if I’m still high.

Now I love a carb, there I said it, am I so bad ;(

Reactions: Juicyj

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @CornishKate, Not sure if Tresiba is your only treatment.
From my past experience as Type 1, causes of those 'recalcitrant' BSLS could be due to: a sustained increase in carbs in diet; reducing exercise activity; an infection e.g cough/cold or urine, sinus, lung, skin or general infection and other things.
It sounds best to contact your DSN/doctor to seek advice about what to do. Best Wishes for a speedy resolution of this.

scotteric

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone,

I am due a review and bloods with my DN Wednesday so have been keeping a food diary and readings on a sheet for her for 2 weeks (I do keep my readings recorded on my phone usually) but the last 2 days I have struggled to get below 14 :( my readings in the mornings have been in the 11-13 and then 1.5 hrs later at breakfast it’s up to 14. It’s in the 20s 2 hours later and back to 14 at mealtimes. I upped my Tresiba by 1 unit lay night and then planned to look at my mealtime ratios tomorrow if I’m still high.

Now I love a carb, there I said it, am I so bad ;(

How long have you been using Tresiba for? It sounds like you need more basal and 1 unit might not be enough. Also I think Tresiba takes time for dose changes to kick in unfortunately.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you been taught how to correct with your meal time insulin when too high? Do you pre-bolus?

CornishKate

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @CornishKate, Not sure if Tresiba is your only treatment.
From my past experience as Type 1, causes of those 'recalcitrant' BSLS could be due to: a sustained increase in carbs in diet; reducing exercise activity; an infection e.g cough/cold or urine, sinus, lung, skin or general infection and other things.
It sounds best to contact your DSN/doctor to seek advice about what to do. Best Wishes for a speedy resolution of this.

Hi @kitedoc, I take novorapid with meals. I have had quite a lazy weekend :), thanks for your reply, might give the DN ring ahead of seeing her tomorrow. Thanks :)

CornishKate

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
How long have you been using Tresiba for? It sounds like you need more basal and 1 unit might not be enough. Also I think Tresiba takes time for dose changes to kick in unfortunately.
Hi @scotteric, been on Tresiba for about 3 months, DN normally says 3 days for an increase to work. Thanks for the reply :)

CornishKate

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you been taught how to correct with your meal time insulin when too high? Do you pre-bolus?
Hi @Antje77, yes I’ve been correcting at mealtimes, and pre-bolus. I’m hoping going back to work today might help as I’ve had a very lazy weekend and eaten a fair bit :) thanks for your help :)

Reactions: kitedoc