Can't get back in control..

sjm1308

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We went through ivf this year and with that to focus on my control was spot on 6% having come down from 8% last year. I didn't feel it was a struggle. But the ivf failed at beginning of August and I've really let myself slip into bad habits. My predicted a1c according to the Libra app is now 8.2% and my average reading 11mmols. I just can't seem to find the motivation or get in the right headspace. I've even cancelled my 6month clinic review. I usually take my dafne diary to that app and even recording my bgs feels like too much. Any tips on how to shake this and start taking care of myself again? Thanks

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We went through ivf this year and with that to focus on my control was spot on 6% having come down from 8% last year. I didn't feel it was a struggle. But the ivf failed at beginning of August and I've really let myself slip into bad habits. My predicted a1c according to the Libra app is now 8.2% and my average reading 11mmols. I just can't seem to find the motivation or get in the right headspace. I've even cancelled my 6month clinic review. I usually take my dafne diary to that app and even recording my bgs feels like too much. Any tips on how to shake this and start taking care of myself again? Thanks
can ask how did you get your HBAC1 via libre i did not think that's possible
but things change sorry about your IVF hope it will sort out try very slowly to get back on track
love pink ears on elephant vic 63 on insulin

K

Knikki

can ask how did you get your HBAC1 via libre i did not think that's possible
but things change sorry about your IVF hope it will sort out try very slowly to get back on track
love pink ears on elephant vic 63 on insulin

On the Libre Mobile there is an option from a menu to give an estimated HB1Ac but I'm not sure how accurate it is.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Oh dear, Sjm, I'm sorry to hear you cycle didn't achieve the outcome you had no doubt dearly hoped for. I can see how that would be a real body blow and how things could know on from there.

Are you still taking your insulin and so on? Has your eating slipped a bit or are your hormones really getting into the mix of all this?

Of course, I'm not T1 and nor do I use insulin, but it seems reasonable to expect your blood meter records a decent history of your bloods (500 readings or the like?) In that case you have some history at least that you could present if necessary. If your meter has a downloading capacity, perhaps you could download the history to keep, again, just in case you should ever need it.

Other than that, maybe just choose one thing at a time to draw back into line (wherever you have drawn that lie for yourself), then add to it a you feel able.

Look after yourself. High numbers can be a vicious physical and emotional circle. Don't be a stranger.