Can't get out of bad habits since children born

JamesA

Since I became a dad over a year ago, it's obviously been a time of lack of sleep and lack of time.

Up till now the pressure to get everything done has meant it's been the diabetes that has suffered.
They now sleep through the night and there's no longer that excuse any more, but I'm still eating poorly and snacking.
It's especially bad when everyone else has gone to bed and all the clearing up is done at 9/10pm.
I finally relax and seem to celebrate with bad food.

It's definitely a case of this is the only time I have to myself after a shift working and then a shift of baby stuff and I want to enjoy it.

I seem to be stuck in the pattern now and want to undestand the psychology behind it and what can be done.

(My diabetes has never been that well controlled and I think going for years without getting it sorted out has left to giving up a bit).

Dippy3103

Hi,
I can't really offer much advice as i'm new to this. Just wanted to say your not alone with getting into bad habits once the kids are in bed! Kind of crept up on me!
There is loads of great advice on here and they are a really freindly supportive bunch!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
You obviously feel you need to get to grips with this.
See if you can get a longer appointment with your Gp, with time to talk everything through
Hana