Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Mike,

When new members post, if their posts contain links (your post contained a link automatically inserted by your phone, and the DCUK forum app link), then the post gets put into a queue for mods to approve.

This is intended to filter out Spammers who just want to flood the forum with sales links.

Once you have a number of posts under your belt, this will stop happening, because the system will recognise you as a regular poster. :)

Reactions: MikeA37

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @MikeA37 ,

Try logging on using your device browser & check if you have any issue responding to your thread?

MikeA37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks guys for all ur help on what to do on this site... much appreciated.. at the moment im on humlin insulin and my blood sugars have been readin in between 8.7 and 10. The odd occasional 13 to 14 but im happy witb the low count. I only tend to check my bloods in the mornings before breakfast.. and when i take my insulin before bed i dont eat anything as it will affect my blood count in the mornings. I just need to get my head in the right place start eating right foods.. i find it hard to stick to a diet.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It would be wise to test just before you eat the first bite of a meal then two hours after the first bite. This will tell you how your meal has affected your blood glucose. Testing before breakfast could catch the dawn phenomena which is the liver dumping glucose into the bloodstream to get through the expected activities.
How is your diet? It is wise to reduce/avoid breakfast cereals, bread, rice, pasta, potatoes and anything made with white flour.
Oh, and welcome!

MikeA37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi.. yes im on same insulin as u. Since starting it over a month ago or so ive had no real bother with it at all. Getting on with the insulin just fine although im still on metformin tablets as well.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi.. yes im on same insulin as u. Since starting it over a month ago or so ive had no real bother with it at all. Getting on with the insulin just fine although im still on metformin tablets as well.
Me too.
The metformin reduces my unit amounts. They would be higher for me without. Because I reached nearly 300units of insulin and needed metformin I was changed to toujeo300 basal insulin and novarapid bolus. I'm losing weight nearly every week. I'm currently reducing my 66units of basal and 20units x3 mealtimes bolus at mo.
Use metformin to keep your doses down as it's good for other health ailments.
Metformin is helping me lose weight. It changes my tummy fat from hard to soft so it can desolve and empty my fat cells. I'd be lost without it. Currently.
Many feel they don't need it. They know their body best!

Last edited:

MikeA37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I find it hard to still take metformin at the best of times ive even tried the medicine and couldnt get on with it... i just dont want to pile on the weight with the insulin