Cant stop eating everything in sight why is this

Heinz57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi i have a good few months where i eat well and my blood sugars are going in the right direction then boom i wanna eat everything in sight why is this

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
At a guess your body needs something that your diet is not giving it.
The general craving for food is your body getting desperate for something. Trouble is your body cannot tell you what. Bit of an Error 404 type thing.

As example. Lack of potassium gives a craving for sugar because you cannot process glucose without potassium amongst other things like insulin lol. Trouble is you crave sweet which makes it worse.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Carbs are addictive and they come so nicely packaged too. Each time we 'wobble' and fall off the waggon we are making it hard for ourselves to get back up there and stay there. We're human. Get yourself back to your better eating patterns and put this episode behind you. Good luck.

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
Are you taking any meds that might be increasing your appetite?

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi i have a good few months where i eat well and my blood sugars are going in the right direction then boom i wanna eat everything in sight why is this
I find that insulinogenic foods make me ravenous.
You will have to pay attention to how your body reacts to the foods you ingest 1/2/3 hours after you eat that food/meal.
I have a psychological inability to handle hunger pangs, due to years of dieting failure when I was doing the low fat-low calorie-high carb, model of weight control.
I have found that some foods which induce an insulin spike even though on the face of it appear innocuous also induce a ravenous appetite. like Splenda, stevia, even hard cheeses that are supposedly carb free etc induce an insulin spike in my system.
With trial and error, you will become aware of what is causing your loss of control and rein it in.

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
May be an idea if you gave us an idea of what "eating well" means to you..