Capsaicin 8% patch: a clinical study in Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
I received a letter yesterday asking if I would be interested in participating in a clinical trial for a new treatment for nerve damage and pain due to Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy.

The treatment comes in the form of a plaster. The plaster contains Capsaicin 8% and has been shown to to be helpful after just one 30 minute application to the foot for three months or longer.

Capsaicin is a natural ingredient found in chilli peppers and works much better than the cream you can get.

If any one here is interested in participating in trial you can call Dr Rosario Privitera on phone number 0208 383 4603, or by email - [email protected] -

The study is being conducted at Hammersmith Hospital. You will also be reimbursed for your travel.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The cream is something I was prescribed recently for muscular dysfunction. That is only 0.075%. It’s not very effective but is much weaker if you consider %

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
Yep it states further in the letter that it is very much stronger than the cream. Fighting fire with fire indeed.. I had a Vindaloo the other day strangely...... Cured my tongue of any feeling at all!