Carb counting/insulin dosing

LeanneSpain.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Looking for advice. Im planning on having a tuna omelette for lunch(late i know) to carb count from my-fitness-pal its only 3g carbs. Does anyone inject for this or if so generally how much? (novorapid)

Postleneo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
First time I have a ham mushroom and cheese inlet I gave a small insulin dose and my b's levels crashed and ended up hypo. Now I never inject for omlette unless I have something carby with it or in it. I would personally air on the side of caution and if your only having a tuna omelette wouldn't inject and see how it goes and test Every half hour to see how the omlette affects you. Would rather be a little high knowing I need some insulin next time than go hypo realising I don't.

Reactions: LeanneSpain.

LeanneSpain.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So i didn’t take any insulin. checked bloods every hour
Before- 7.3
After- 6.6 6.3 5.8 4.3

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
So i didn’t take any insulin. checked bloods every hour
Before- 7.3
After- 6.6 6.3 5.8 4.3
Hey Leanne - if you're seeing a reduction in levels after lunch like an omelette, then you probably need to check your basal levels. That kind of post lunch drop with no bolus insulin on board is usually indicative of too much basal insulin.

Directions for basal testing can be found here: https://mysugr.com/basal-rate-testing/

Reactions: LeanneSpain.

LeanneSpain.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Leanne - if you're seeing a reduction in levels after lunch like an omelette, then you probably need to check your basal levels. That kind of post lunch drop with no bolus insulin on board is usually indicative of too much basal insulin.

Directions for basal testing can be found here: https://mysugr.com/basal-rate-testing/

Im in process of trying to regulate the basal