carb free noodles

N

NicolaB68

Hi everyone,
Have any of you tried carb free noodles ?
Thanks for any answers xx

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
yes, they are OK... slightly funny texture, but absolutely zero carbs...

two things

1) You have to rinse them properly before cooking them and
2) they have no flavour of their own, so need to be stirred into a soup or the stir fry itself to take up a flavour...

they allow me to enjoy stir fries again... because the carbs in ordinary noodles were too much for me...

one pack serves two people...

N

NicolaB68

Thank you, do you get them from the internet or are they sold in shops ?

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Holland & Barrett sell them both in shops (when they can restock them) and online... they go out of stock very quickly as a lot of dieters eat them as well... especially after the secret got blabbed in the newspapers... I ordered twelve packs online and took advantage of buy one, get one half price and also free delivery for over £20 total order...

I've also found them in "Whole Foods Market", a chain of whole foods stores... one just opened near me in Cheltenham... they were slightly cheaper as well than H&B plus they had spaghetti squash in the produce section as well :)

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As they're noodles, do they work well as a pasta substitute? Can I start having spag bol again?!

MissFortune

Are we talking about a particular brand? I almost bought dreamfields pasta last year before checking out reviews from other diabetics.
I have seen another brand called"Eat Water" but no others. I'd love a noodle stir fry :)