Carb killa bars

jamin1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am absolutely petrified of even trying a sandwich as i know bread is one of the worst things for a diabetic.been diagnosed about a month ago now but went on holiday a couple of says after diagnosis and pretty much ignored it as not to spoil it for the family. Back about 10 days now and got a monitor. When i got back i was always around 10-12 mmol but getting down to 6-8 at the moment so i do not want anything to jeopardise it at the moment. When i get down to 4-5 i might experiment a bit more but scared numbers may take a week or 2 to drop if i eat something really bad. I was 73 hba1c when first told so i think i am doing something right.

Thanks

Sounds to me that your doing great, it took months n months for me to get my levels in insulin dose correct, although its vital that that we take care of our selfs and be mindful of what we eat, my doc said find yr realistic balance of what yr eating (all need a treat once in while) deprivation leads to anger and resentment. So i was told to fit my insulin arnd a realistic but balanced diet, not live my life as a diet and constant chore. When i was diagnosed my sugars were 33.1 in old value, all we can do is our best. Best of luck, dont let it rule your life

Reactions: ringi

jamin1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya
Had some low carb sweets delivered today with polys in them posted a question and they said it could have that effect. Farting like a trooper now after trying a couple.

Lol, yeh you have to be careful, sugar free wine gums n the soft sweets like that are nice but inly if you want to stay in for the day.

jamin1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol, yeh you have to be careful, sugar free wine gums n the soft sweets like that are nice but inly if you want to stay in for the day.

Russell Stover, make some great low carb, sweets, peanut brittle n many others, i found these the best tasting and quality, the Avidelite wensite, do a wide range of products, is expensive, but for me it was worth it

jamin1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Russell Stover, make some great low carb, sweets, peanut brittle n many others, i found these the best tasting and quality, the Avidelite wensite, do a wide range of products, is expensive, but for me it was worth it

jamin1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you miss yr sausage sandwich as i do, avidlite, sell low carb flour mix to make yr own but its do expensive. I buy sausage meat from the supermarket its lower in carbs a bit as it doesn't need the rusk to hold it together like sausages do. Protein bread is now avalible in lots of stores expensive but, you make a sandwich with alot less carbs. We all need to treat our selfs at times or it becomes just to much, and its important to be careful but not let it control n rule yr life to the point of no pleasure. I miss breakfast cereal, but will have a Weetabix with soya milk which is nearly half the almost of sugar in normal milk.

jamin1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you miss yr sausage sandwich as i do, avidlite, sell low carb flour mix to make yr own but its do expensive. I buy sausage meat from the supermarket its lower in carbs a bit as it doesn't need the rusk to hold it together like sausages do. Protein bread is now avalible in lots of stores expensive but, you make a sandwich with alot less carbs. We all need to treat our selfs at times or it becomes just to much, and its important to be careful but not let it control n rule yr life to the point of no pleasure. I miss breakfast cereal, but will have a Weetabix with soya milk which is nearly half the almost of sugar in normal milk.