Carb manager app. Anyone else?

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I'm just not good at calculating macros, and even worse at cooking up new and exciting meals. My weight loss has stalled, and needs a kick up its backside. I more than suspect that I'm eating way too little, and honestly most of the time I feel fatigued. The solution is - spend more money.
I did last night and became a premium member of the Keto focused Android app "Carb Manager". Right now I'm browsing, reading and toying around with it, just to get familiar with it. I must say it looks really good. So many things you can log, even if I'm not really big on logging every tiny detail of my day to day life. To me it just becomes another to-do thing. What I do like is having my meals planned for me - and preferably cooked and served too. Well, the app only does the first, after giving it info on age, gender etc. etc. but there's also a social side to it. You can befriend and post in forums, erhm ... Just like here :)
Anyway, I'm wondering if anybody else in here uses it, and what you think about it? Which features are your favourite?

DenaMelodie

Anyway, I'm wondering if anybody else in here uses it, and what you think about it? Which features are your favourite?[/QUOTE]
I don't use that app but have found another one that I have been using and losing weight with. I have also been getting my blood glucose numbers closer to being "controlled"
The app I use is KetoDietApp. It tracks the macros for, has tons of recipes built in that are low carb, has challenges (one just started yesterday - not too late even if you don't buy the app).
The biggest helps were 1) my doctor recommened low carb - after years and years of dieticians telling me to eat a minimum of 140 g carbs but try to get it to 200. That didn't work for me. 2) my sister (who isn't diabetic) has joined me in my journey and eats low carb and does mini challenges with me and for me.

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have recently started using carb manager app and really like it. I just have the basic rather than the premium and I use it for counting carbs as well as calories. I used to use my fitness pal but it wasn't that good with the carbs. I much prefer this one. I find it easy to use and like how I can adjust the personal limits on carbs and cals. I've just started the 8 week blood sugar diet and it's a bit of a struggle keeping an eye on both carbs and caps. For so long I have only concentrated on the carbs but had lost the plot and need something stricter and more structured. The carb manager is a great help

Reactions: Mo R