1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Privacy is important: just a reminder that your posts can be seen by members of the public Guest.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Carb Recovery?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by maitai, Sep 12, 2018.

1. maitai

maitai Type 2 · Member

So I had a pretty carby weekend + had a bit more carbs on Monday and it’s been pretty hard to maintain my blood sugars since (I know it’s only Wednesday, but still). When I was super low-carb my range was in the 4s and 5s and rarely saw anything above 6.7.

FBG on Tuesday: 7.7
    FBG today: 5.9

Just checked my blood sugar after a bit of a chilly walk and it’s at 6.9.

Has anyone else experienced higher than avg BGs than your normal DAYS after having carbs?

I feel like I messed everything up.. any feedback is welcome!!!

2. Alison Campbell

Alison Campbell Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

You have not messed anything up your body just wasn't prepared to deal with the extra carbs and will take time to settle back down. Please be patient and remember stressing is bad for bg levels.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook