Carb Tracking Tools

Jix200903

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
What methods do you all use for tracking and moderating your Carb intake? Does "Carbs & Cals" work? Paper and pencil? I've been beta testing with an online food diary site that gives me a carb value for virtually anything and allowing me to see how many carbs I consume each meal and each snack without having to look at packets and books. I'm not here to advertise them as that wouldn't be fair (and they aren't ready) so I wondered what you all do.

Pmerrill

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
One drop app. Superb! Tracks BG, Carbs (bar code scanner etc), Exercise and Meds awesome life tool. Oh and it's free as well!

Last edited:

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Paper and pencil is my chosen method .. it works and it makes it all very personal :)

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
I google the foods I do not know and read from labels for foods with labels-most of my favorite meals are I know already.. I keep a running track in my head for the day. When I start having too many highs or lows I type them in and then analyse where I need to make changes.

D

Deleted member 308541

I use the Fat Secret app mainly because it has Australian stores in it, I also read the labels of what ever food we buy.

I have started a spreadsheet with food we like and enter the carbs per 100 grams and also the serving size.

I don't have anything entered for pasta or rice yet though.

Tannedhaggis

MyFitness Pal. I have the app on my iPad and phone. Very easy to use, has a barcode scanner for when your shopping, to quickly check carbs. It also totals your input for each meal and provides break downs. You can also set the range you want IE Carbs 20% Protein 30% Fats 50% and best of all it is FREE.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another My fitness Pal. I have it on my phone and laptop.

Pmerrill

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
You guys should try one drop, I used to use MFP as it's great for food tracking, but I've found one drop has the same functionality but does your BG and exercise as well. Definitely worth a look.