Carbs and Cals App

Eldorado

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
I expect lots of people here use this app. Would you recommend it? How does it compare with MyFitnessPal, the app that I'm currently using.
I've been T1 for 37 years and carb counting is still a bit of a mystery!
Thanks for any info.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I expect lots of people here use this app. Would you recommend it? How does it compare with MyFitnessPal, the app that I'm currently using.
I've been T1 for 37 years and carb counting is still a bit of a mystery!
Thanks for any info.

Have the book and the app. Have the MyFitnessPal app too from pre diabetes days. Never used it again after getting Carbs and Cals. 100% recommend.

D

Deleted Account

Never used MyFitnessPal.
Tried Carbs and Cals app and found it too slow for me but I am impatient.
If I cook from scratch, I prefer to go back to first principles (weighing, looking up carbs per 100g and feeding into spreadsheet). Over the years, this has given me enough gut feel to guesstimate on sight when eating out.
I have learnt things like approximately, what does 10g carbs worth of pasta, chips, look like

If you have to patience, Carbs and Cals may be a good start to teach you to guesstimate.

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
MY Diabetes Educator really likes myfitnesspal.
RapidCalc is useless, the sliders are too temperamental
A dietician whom I will NEVER go back to likes Calorieking my DE doesn't like the algorithm it uses.
Even with weighing everything there is going to be a variation (unless highly processed), the your stress levels and a host of other things will have an impact, so if you are happy with an app, just use it. If there was one perfect app we would all be using it.