Carbs, calories and fasting bg

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I guess there are a lot of people here with food logs and fasting blood sugar logs!

I've got two questions, sort of opposites, if anyone would be kind enough to share their experiences:

1) Has anyone ever had a period of a few days when they know they have consistently been eating significantly more than 'maintenance' calories, but very low carbs (say 10 to 50 grams per day). If so, what happened to your fasting blood glucose?

2) Has anyone ever had a period of a few days when they know they have consistently been eating significantly less than 'maintenance' calories, but quite high carbs (say 100 or more grams per day). If so, what happened to your fasting blood glucose?

Thanks in advance.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I forgot to give the context: I'm really asking the questions of people with T2 who need to manage blood glucose and are doing so, partly at least, by diet. People who find that if they don't take special action, their fasting levels get too high, but if they do take action and monitor their diet, they can get their levels low.