Carbs & Cals App differences

PJH2903

Hi All,
Since being told I am diabetic a couple of weeks ago I have been playing with the Carbs and Cals app on my iPhone to record my meals. Today I met up with my cousin who has Carbs and Cals on their Android phone. We have noticed several differences between the two platforms. The android app has a diabetic section for recording BG's but the iPhone doesn't for example which in itself is not a great problem.

Of more concern is the food values are different between each app, for example:

Broccoli(Boiled) 80 gram portion
android: Carbs 1g, Cals 19, Protein 2, Fat 1g
iPhone: Carbs 1g, Cals 26, Protein 4g, Fat 1g

I have emailed the app makers but obviously do not expect to hear until probably the new year (if they reply)

I appreciate the app is only a guide but wondered what the groups thoughts were on this (surely the data should be the same even if the platforms are different).

Thanks and have a good Christmas.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Had one version been updated more recently?
Although my initial thought is that the carbs are the same and that's what counts.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am enjoying a good laugh right now because when I first saw the title of this thread I thought it said "Carbs & Cats App differences." (All I've had to drink tonight is a glass of straight cranberry juice.) I opened the thread because I couldn't imagine ... ! :D

As to your question, I don't count calories, just carbs.

Merry Christmas!

Reactions: Pasha

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here's a snapshot from the McCance and Widdowson tables that UK supermarkets use,...for 100g

Screenshot 2018-12-25 at 09.10.07.png

Looks like the carb count is wrong for both.. sorry to add to the confusion..