Carbs & Cals app problem

vfr400rob

Hi, (Fairly) new type 1 Diagnosed in January. I have been using the carbs and cals app on my android phone.

Went to add to my diabetes diary tonight and the app was gone. It appears to have uninstalled itself. Went to download again and the app has completley changed. No Diary or diabetes section from what I can see. It's absolutely effin useless.

This was totally without consent and now there is a message on thier help pages that says if you need it for monitoring glucose for control speak to your healthcare team or Dafne.

I was using it to monitor and log carbs and insulin and now it appear to have totally gone.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix or what has happened?
I am absolutely furious/panicked and wondering how to keep track of everything.

Regards
rob

Last edited:

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is the link for the android version from Google Play Store, where it has bad reviews and a score of 2.3.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chello.carbsandcals&hl=en_AU&gl=US

The release notes state this.

WHAT’S NEW

EXISTING USERS PLEASE READ:

- If you have the old app installed, you get the Unlimited Plan FREE for 1 year. Update the app and purchase “Yearly Plan with 365 days FREE”.

- Removed features: Targets, Diabetes Area, Time Stamps, Country Databases (other than UK). Your diary entries, settings & recipes will BE LOST.

Do NOT install if you rely on these. (Note: Custom foods will be copied to the new app.)

vfr400rob

Thank you for the info. Unfotunately I did not see the "removed features "warning.
I have found the old app elsewhere. However all my data is gone for the last 3 months.

Regards
Rob

Mickyl

How did you manage to get the old version back as I had same problem as you and would like to get the old app back if you can help thanks

SteveC01

Thank you for the info. Unfotunately I did not see the "removed features "warning.
I have found the old app elsewhere. However all my data is gone for the last 3 months.

Regards
Rob
Hi Rob, can you let me know where you managed to download it from please. Thanks