Cardiac or stomach problems or both? hiatal hernia and Gastritis contributing?

t1dluke

Hi all,

I have been having some trouble recently when it comes to my health. Today (approx. 15:00) I was sitting at my desk
working when I all of sudden started to feel weak, slightly lightheaded, shaky and I was burping alot. My pulse felt very weak and I felt as if I was on the cusp of fainting but I did notfaint.

I took my blood pressure during the episode 139/86, pulse was 86 according toblood pressure monitor. My blood glucose was around 8.9 mmol/l and had beenstable for hours, ketones 0.1 mmol/L. Symptoms subsided after about 30 minutes.

I have had episodes like this sporadically over the the past year but they seem to be getting more frequent. Commonalities between all events are: lack of sleep in the days prior to the episode, tends to be after I've eaten and injected insulin, and it is always followed by burping a lot and my stomach feels bloated.

I have been diagnosed with erosive gastritis and a hiatal hernia. Two hours previous to this episode I had eaten a small bowl of olives and feta cheese which perhaps could be too fatty for my stomach to handle so this may have contributed but I'm unsure.

I've booked an appointment with the GP but I'm not expecting much use to come of it. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

I have been having some trouble recently when it comes to my health. Today (approx. 15:00) I was sitting at my desk
working when I all of sudden started to feel weak, slightly lightheaded, shaky and I was burping alot. My pulse felt very weak and I felt as if I was on the cusp of fainting but I did notfaint.

I took my blood pressure during the episode 139/86, pulse was 86 according toblood pressure monitor. My blood glucose was around 8.9 mmol/l and had beenstable for hours, ketones 0.1 mmol/L. Symptoms subsided after about 30 minutes.

I have had episodes like this sporadically over the the past year but they seem to be getting more frequent. Commonalities between all events are: lack of sleep in the days prior to the episode, tends to be after I've eaten and injected insulin, and it is always followed by burping a lot and my stomach feels bloated.

I have been diagnosed with erosive gastritis and a hiatal hernia. Two hours previous to this episode I had eaten a small bowl of olives and feta cheese which perhaps could be too fatty for my stomach to handle so this may have contributed but I'm unsure.

I've booked an appointment with the GP but I'm not expecting much use to come of it. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Hi Luke - I don't have any wisdom to offer you, but my post will bump this up the lists for viewing, and hopefully someone else might see it.

You're definitely doing the right thing, contacting your Doc.

My OH has a long-standing hiatus hernia, but the symptoms you describe aren't similar to his, if it's playing up. In his case, the thing making most difference to how his hiatus hernia behaves is managing his weight. If he gains a few pounds, he finds the hernia becomes symptomatic, but whilst trim, he is trouble-free.

Needless to say, he is motivated to keep himself in decent shape.