Carnivore Corner

M

Member496333

Oh gosh. I just cannot get enough liver. Raw, cooked in butter, it doesn’t matter. The more the better. Pretty soon I’m gonna wake up one night standing in front of an open refrigerator with my chops covered in blood.

I’m some two or three weeks into it now. Weight lifting is continuing to get easier, and my libido has also been boosted. In the parlance of our times - carnivore “for the win” :woot:

Or was that last year? :shifty:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just finished a meaty melange dinner composed of
Remnants of diet doctor chilli (yes with onions and tomato but not a lot)
Thinly sliced chorizo
Roast pork belly
Char siu pork
Some bits of chicken curry
All mixed together with some creme fraiche to bind it all.
Rather tasty and now we have a cleared fridge.. butcher visit on Thursday.

Reactions: cloudreader

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha!
I had a melange too. Very odd combo, but strangely delicious.
Chicken thigh curry, with grated cheese, a dribble of cream and some diced tinned corned beef, all heated together.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha!
I had a melange too. Very odd combo, but strangely delicious.
Chicken thigh curry, with grated cheese, a dribble of cream and some diced tinned corned beef, all heated together.
Ok that takes the carnivore biscuit.. chicken curry and corned beef.. wowsers!

Reactions: cloudreader
M

Member496333

Thinking of making some beef & bacon burgers today. Hand formed 20% fat, ground beef patties, encased in streaky bacon, fried in goose fat and plated between two slices of cheese. No clue where the idea came from...think I must have dreamt about it last night :D

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Waitrose says 2.6% where are you looking?
but Tesco say 1.6%
Sainsbury 1.5%
M&S 2.6%
The McCance and Widdowson table says 1.7% That's the govt backed one...

Lidl’s brand is 1.6% also.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Been awol. A melange (nice word bulkbiker) for me yesterday too. Assorted cold meats and cheese for dinner and bacon, eggs and cheese for lunch.

Kippers tonight. Lunch TBC.

M

Member496333

TMI alert;

First number two of the week. Small and perfectly formed. The tiny amount of waste product after consuming no cellulose is laughable. Most of my meat this week has been eaten raw, but not sure if that makes a difference. Certainly it’s all been used for maintaining and building my body.

No toilet paper required, and no constipation. Optimal poo :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sassycat

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh gosh. I just cannot get enough liver. Raw, cooked in butter, it doesn’t matter. The more the better. Pretty soon I’m gonna wake up one night standing in front of an open refrigerator with my chops covered in blood.
:eek:

Are you sure you name's Jim and not Dracula??:D

Robbity

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am going to do a month of steak & eggs combined with 19/5 fasting to see how it goes.
I imagine you'll find it very satisfying and will have great bloods. I did it for January (just the beef without the eggs) don't be worried if you don't poo for the first 10 days.. there is amazingly little waste from beef. I reckon thats where the myth that meat eaters have putrifying meat in their gut comes from.. you simply don't need to go very often.

Carl13128

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I imagine you'll find it very satisfying and will have great bloods. I did it for January (just the beef without the eggs) don't be worried if you don't poo for the first 10 days.. there is amazingly little waste from beef. I reckon thats where the myth that meat eaters have putrifying meat in their gut comes from.. you simply don't need to go very often.
Thanks for the info, I have been low carb for years and all was great but I had a DKA in October and apparently I was close to dying. Anyway I cannot take the oral medicine as this was a contributed to my condition. I have been given insulin and metformin. I have reduced the need for fast acting insulin to 0 but I am still getting the higher numbers in the morning, I have also been given slow acting for nighttime use but as my reading before bed is around 6 I am reluctant to take it. I am going all out for a month to see if my morning numbers come down. By the way my bs was consistently between 6&7 at the time of my DKA. I will keep you updated.

Last edited:
M

Member496333

And you save a fortune in toilet paper. I’ve had one poo so far this week and that required a single sheet of paper that was so clean afterwards I tried putting it back on the roll for next time.

M

Member496333

So I’m now five days into übercarnivore. Not a single morsel of plant matter has passed my lips. I feel amazing, and I felt great previously on my original paleo/keto diet. I have been using mushrooms but they do not contain cellulose so that’s fine as it pertains to the experiment.

That isn’t to say I’ll never consume another plant. That would be unrealistic and unnecessary, but as it currently stands, I think I’ll reserve them for things like making cauldrons of chilli or the like. I definitely will not be piling my plates up with indigestible waste anymore.

Reactions: Carl13128

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning!

Another weekend cooking, for Druids this time in Glastonbury.
All meat consumption all week and a cheese feast at the weekend. Apart from tasting (and spitting out) a pea and avocado guacamole, I’ve not eaten any plant matter for two months. I can’t say I feel any different other than looking longingly at green beans and dreaming about sprouts but another 2lbs down this morning and lots of musing about very skinny T2’s who worry about further weight loss and people like me who will never be skinny.

How are you lot doing? Any revelations?