Carnivore Corner

Cocosilk

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Insulin
That's what I decided in the end..although a lot cheaper than one of these..
https://www.dryager.com/en/product/
Ha ha, yes, we looked them up too after watching that video and realized you only afford one as a tax write off if you ran a business. Can they really be so expensive to make I wonder? Maybe there'll be a niche market for more affordable ones one day with the growing carnivore subculture.

What about drying meat outside in nature? I wonder which climate permits? We know someone who lives in a village in Slovenia who dries meat under his house. He explained that there was this particular cold wind that cones through at a certain time of year that made it work.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

That's what I decided in the end..although a lot cheaper than one of these..

https://www.dry-ager.com/en/product/
It would be nice to own that gadget for well hung beef cuts.

I still feel that the reason Argentinian chilled beef was so good, was because of the five or six week sea journey to the UK back in the 1960 / 70's.

We tried to replicate that beef, by hanging cuts in the fridge for five weeks but they have always grown a fur coat and got tainted.

Expensive experiments...

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oxtail for me.

BBAEE93C-42A3-4FCD-AD7B-CF4CB3D5DA64.jpeg

Reactions: Larissima

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A quick recap on what I've been doing as there has been some subtle changes recently.

I went carni in the first week of April, a bit of a slow start but eating meat and dairy until May when I went meat only apart from some eggs and a cheese feast when I was in a field for a couple of weekends. Up until four days ago I was also OMAD but I've been getting properly hungry twice a day instead of once.
I weighed myself on Monday and I was another two pounds down.
Now I can only handle a few bites in one go. No meals as such, not like @bulkbiker @Jim Lahey for example but a couple of ounces of turkey or like tonight, a homemade burger. Several times, I've actually been unable to swallow what I'm chewing because I got too greedy and on Friday, after grabbing a good bit of crackling with a nice juicy lump of pig attached and eating it in the car on the way to another cooking-in-a-field gig, I spent the evening nauseous with stomach cramp because it tasted sooooo good, I forced it all down.
Today I ate a bit of cold chicken at 12 and that's the earliest break fast I've had, I've been a natural 23 hour IF for years.

I'll run with this, see what happens.

Liver tomorrow.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My ears just pricked-up like a deer in a forest when a hunter steps on a twig.

I did the same, but with the word crackling. :D

I’ve just had meltingly slow cooked oxtail two evenings in a row. Exquisitely fatty. Sublime.
That was the last of it. Can’t wait til I can get more.

Reactions: bulkbiker

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
(Mea culpa - I haven't watched the video, but.....) Is that a salamander?
Kind of but a domestic one that runs off bottled gas so a home salamander that gets really hot..

For a moment you had me thinking you carnivores had started grilling salamanders, but then it got really strange with Bulkbikers domestic gas fed home salamander. From that point of view the video was slightly disappointing, despite the familiar accent of the guy in the video :hilarious:

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’d hide the liver inside bacon wraps.
I’ve been eating liver for almost non existent ferretin issues. (Now have the highest levels I've seen in a long time btw but still a way to go). Found a great recipe for wrapping chicken livers in bacon with a salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne rub. Bake a batch and then keep them in the fridge to be zapped over the next few days for brekkie. Felt distinctly odd about liver to start with but quite ok with it now, but raw?

M

Member496333

Felt distinctly odd about liver to start with but quite ok with it now, but raw?

I like it raw or cooked, but if I’m cooking it, it will be very rare and fried in butter. Frying it in butter has the bonus of boosting the fat content. A benefit of having it raw is that none of the micronutrients are destroyed, but mostly I just love the taste and it’s super convenient.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like it raw or cooked, but if I’m cooking it, it will be very rare fried in butter. Frying it in butter has the bonus of boosting the fat content. A benefit of having it raw is that none of the micronutrients are destroyed, but mostly I just love the taste and it’s super convenient.
Yes fried in butter with bacon and onions is my other option. I know onions aren’t carni but I’m not there yet. I have naturally found myself heading more this way though as it’s so easy and tasty.