1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Case for the Libre meter?

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by jwillyf, Nov 15, 2017.

1. jwillyf

jwillyf Type 2 · Active Member

Anyone looked to getting a protective case for the Libre meter? I imagine the touch screen to be suscetpible to damage from contact with other hard materials, in, for instance, one's bag.

2. Kim Possible

Kim Possible · Guest

I have a Freestyle Neo which is similar to the Libre reader. I threw the case away as soon as I got it. For the last two years, I have changed chucked it in my bag and pocket and my meter is fon ne. The touch screen is pretty rugged.

3. barrym

barrym LADA · Well-Known Member

Mine came with a case. Not anything elegant, but would protect in a bag.

If they aren't available to buy from Abbott, I'd try getting them to just give you one. Failing that, look on eBay for an appropriately sized mobile phone or camera case.

HTH

4. tubamanandy

tubamanandy · Well-Known Member

Still can't see the real point in buying the meter if you have a compatible phone and you don't need the blood testing part of it.

5. Snapsy

Snapsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I use an iPod sock which was given to me with my museum piece of an iPod about 8 or 9 years ago - I've no idea where the iPod itself is, but the 'socks' are very useful to slip my Libre reader or my pump handset into!

[​IMG]

6. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Abbot gave me a case.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook