Type 1 Castellani Paint Modified" - First Aid Antiseptic Agent.

D

Deleted member 308541

Anyone tired this for foot ulcers?
That stuff looks like it's antifungal agent used for tinea, ulcers are not fungal.

The best ointment I have used on varicose ulcers is zinc cream, but you have to be careful that your skin does not become sensitised to it as mine did and break out with dermatitis.

What I have found be good for ulcers is Betadine ointment available over the pharmacy counter as well. Whether it is sold in the UK I do not know as it is made Australian made product.

fallongerie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes but an ulcer isnt fungal is it? Just very slow to heal and keeps braking open. I says it helps dry to ulcer out. I'm trying to see if I can ask someone who has used it what they think of it but not having much luck. I don't think u need a antiseptic for it

D

Deleted member 308541

Yes but an ulcer isnt fungal is it?

That stuff looks like it's antifungal agent used for tinea, ulcers are not fungal.

I have had varicose ulcers on my legs and feet for a long although now healed, I have used various medications over a long period, and I have had surgery to help with circulation problems.

I don't think u need a antiseptic for it

I had a ulcer on my right ankle for a long time, which I eventually healed with Betadine which is a antiseptic and a soft dressing.

Here's a pix of the hole and a severe dose of dermatitis from the dressing that was used.

https://i.imgur.com/b8nIIzL.jpg

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Vitamin E oil is awesome for healing. It is the 'healing vitamin'. But in oil form in a jar or int the vitamin isle and break open the capsules. Cuts and flesh opening resolve in days. Also good to stop scars.

D

Deleted member 308541

Vitamin E oil is awesome for healing. It is the 'healing vitamin'. But in oil form in a jar or int the vitamin isle and break open the capsules. Cuts and flesh opening resolve in days. Also good to stop scars.
Brings me up in dermatitis as well, the skin on my legs is not user friendly any more.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Brings me up in dermatitis as well, the skin on my legs is not user friendly any more.
Not good. I get these weird purple splotches on y wrists and forearms. Not broken skin but E makes them go away. Cuts and scrapes heal in 2 days. I have very thin skin so I cut easily.

Do you have allergies ?

D

Deleted member 308541

Do you have allergies ?
Not in the sense of allergies, but I have a list of prescription and over the counter medication cream that brings the flare up of dermo.

My legs got sensitised to various creams and ointments, and some surgical dressings twenty odd years ago.

It's a pita at times, because I have the worry of what is good today might not be good for me tomorrow.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not in the sense of allergies, but I have a list of prescription and over the counter medication cream that brings the flare up of dermo.

My legs got sensitised to various creams and ointments, and some surgical dressings twenty odd years ago.

It's a pita at times, because I have the worry of what is good today might not be good for me tomorrow.
Sounds like my stupid stomach. I feel for you. Intolerances can be worse than allergies as they're so inconsistent . My motto is every day is a new day. Always different. Stinks.

Have corticosteroid or steroid creams helped ?