Casualty TV show got it right

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Type 1, treated hypo with orange juice, taken to hospital, senior doctor asked what to treat patient with, junior doctor said insulin, senior doctor, hypo you idiot
Good. Emmerdale, on the other hand, is beyond belief in it's treatment of the diabetic character. In saying that, I wouldn't want you to think that I'm a regular viewer

S

Shar67

Good. Emmerdale, on the other hand, is beyond belief in it's treatment of the diabetic character. In saying that, I wouldn't want you to think that I'm a regular viewer

Yes they seem to forget about it until it fits storyline, she never tests, not that I watch it either

Binary

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Maybe she has been trialling an artificial pancreas and it been matching her insulin to her needs;)

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
haha.... yeh surprising how many people think you treat a hypo with insulin. I've been asked that before when I said I just treated a hypo, they respond with so you needed to take your insulin? Ah no, sugar not insulin. Geez.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Type 1, treated hypo with orange juice, taken to hospital, senior doctor asked what to treat patient with, junior doctor said insulin, senior doctor, hypo you idiot
Just seen it on iplayer.. (Out of curiosity.) lol, turned out not to be a hypo anyway..
Suspected meningitis. Then turns out to be a "bodged" liposuction job causing an issue on the lungs...?

That female biking doctor was hot!

Reactions: Freema

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes that's where it parted company with reality, a bus driver stopping for a biker.
One had to suspend believe with it all, to be quite frank.. What were the chances of that lad bumping into the mother of his "sweetheart".

The biking doc took a risk with the bus. But I can't see your average driver just ploughing into the back of traffic..

@Clivethedrive ? I'm sure he can clarify the regs...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
........ Lol, & another thing that camper van dumped in an ambulance bay.
Why didn't it get towed? ;)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

That's Dylan for you, his people skills aren't the best :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Because I guess the security guys were in the office drinking coffee and eating doughnuts.

I actually worked for a traffic survey company (contracted by the council.) a number of years ago. Around the city of Bath.) Which included parking surveys in hospitals..
Chatting with the parking attendants one day I was heart warmed to know they empathised with the stress of hospital visitors. (Especially near the kiddie & cancer wards.) they normally only exercised their "powers" in a serious "breach" like blocking an emergency route... ;)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Grandson worked for a while for a recruitment company recruiting health prefoessional such as nurses from overseas and that was one of the questions they would ask candidates and many of them got it wrong.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I take my wife to work at the local hospital and pick her up again in the evening the patient drop of point is always chaotic with double parking people leaving cars and vans parked and double parking the security guys are never to be seen unless there are VIPs, higher ups or TV crews about it annoys the hell out of me.

Reactions: callyandy

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@JohnEGreen ,

I've seen a fair bit of "carrying on" when my T2 dad spent his time in hospital..
My faith is such that I'd rather spend my time in a "crack den" than be admitted as an inpatient! ;)

smwsmw

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I find it hard to believe though, that even the crappiest new doctor would think hypo is treated with insulin! And don't get me started on the way they portray cardiac arrests - nobody would EVER survive. Plus, why is the department always so tidy and why do all the scrubs look brand new? I could go on.............!
Not of course, that I ever watch it.......

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
The tv company just want to look good,,,and the scrubs do look new, but are from the wardrobe room, and are washed after each use,,health & safety and all that.
When they do testing in the unit,,they never doe the blood test for the sugar levels,,this is usual procedure,,maybe they need to have a real time over haul of what they do,,,casualty is one of my favourite programs,,and wonder at times who the medical advisers really know their own jobs,,so lets call for a procedure correction session,,,and less time chatting about personal stuff,,,in real life there is not the time to chat on silly things,,,,,keep safe and well to all,,,ttfn from Karen.