Catabolic muscle with high sugars?

Type1guy

I've heard that with high sugars you are catabolic towards muscle tissue. Is this true? And if so how high do your blood sugars need to be and for how long to be catabolic towards muscle?

I am a 34 yr old T1 skinny fat body type and really want to lose my belly and gain muscle.
Read things that it can be done given you are in a slight caloric deficit and have adequate protien to allow for protien synthesis to accour, but seems like a lot of **** Doesn't rain true with betes.

I want to be catabolic towards fat and anabolic toward muscle lol

Any advice thanks

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, but don't expect the results to be massive, comparing to if you were doing either as a standalone goal. Generally anything over 7.7 mmol leads to muscle breakdown, not sure on timings but I would assume the higher it is the quicker this would occur.

You have to focus on getting the nutrition right and managing insulin to keep you within range as much as possible. The key to fat loss and muscle development is well controlled glucose levels.

Also if you want more info, loads available on the diabeticmuscleandfitness website, facebook page and book by Phil Graham.

Type1guy

You can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, but don't expect the results to be massive, comparing to if you were doing either as a standalone goal. Generally anything over 7.7 mmol leads to muscle breakdown, not sure on timings but I would assume the higher it is the quicker this would occur.

You have to focus on getting the nutrition right and managing insulin to keep you within range as much as possible. The key to fat loss and muscle development is well controlled glucose levels.

Also if you want more info, loads available on the diabeticmuscleandfitness website, facebook page and book by Phil Graham.
Thank ya I'll check it out. I noticed his YT channel is pretty much dead and that's all I have really seen of him. But yeah I'll check it out. Hes actually who I first heard say if your sugar was high you'd be catabolic. Just wondering if that were true and what to do about it.

Thanks for the reply

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank ya I'll check it out. I noticed his YT channel is pretty much dead and that's all I have really seen of him. But yeah I'll check it out. Hes actually who I first heard say if your sugar was high you'd be catabolic. Just wondering if that were true and what to do about it.

Thanks for the reply

Yes the YT channel doesn't have much. If you join the facebook group loads of people in there to help.

Type1guy

Yes the YT channel doesn't have much. If you join the facebook group loads of people in there to help.
Yeah just been waiting a week or so for my request to join the fb group. I see their 1 on 1 coaching is dead and looks like they just stopped working on the site like a year ago as well. Which is a shame because looks like he put a lot of work into it and it's a great looking website.

Wonder if there is something similar to his stuff and site?

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah just been waiting a week or so for my request to join the fb group. I see their 1 on 1 coaching is dead and looks like they just stopped working on the site like a year ago as well. Which is a shame because looks like he put a lot of work into it and it's a great looking website.

Wonder if there is something similar to his stuff and site?

The training lab on the website is meant to be good but you have to pay for it (I've never used it). But tbh theres enough information and people on the group to discuss with that I never needed to.

Also don't underestimate this website and the info available on here to control diabetes as best as you can before you build upon it with fitness.