Type 1 Caught short

Lulutwin54

Type of diabetes
LADA
I am type 1 and am a healthy lady of 65 As happens with us some of older ladies I find i urgently need to use a toilet I am registered Disabled but have no reason to apply for a blue badge which I understand also qualifies you for a key for disabled toilets I know my GP would support this if necessary I have seen you can purchase but read they are not cosher
My problem causes accidents and embarrassment and restricts me from doing all that I would want need and like to do you
I would appreciate advice in this respect

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone can buy a RADAR key, I think some local councils sell them to people with disabilities, but you can also buy them online from amazon and other places. If you need a key, don’t matter the reason, get one.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
See your GP. It sounds the same as my problem - stress incontinence, or urge incontinence, or both. If so, there is an easy fix, which your GP will be well aware of. The basic medication is called tolteradine, though there are several brand names, the one you get will probably depend upon whichever one your gp practice favours (likely to be the cheapest brand in your area, or as dictated by the local CCG). I had reached the stage where I was afraid to go out of the house, in case of "accidents". I hate taking tabs, but have to say these sorted me out v quickly.