Cauliflower mash using microwave

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Someone kindly told me this receipes but I cannot find it can someone highlight it for me please.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you so much for this.I could not get your suggestion up before when I was cooking dinner so just put cauliflower in microwave but it came out grains but now I have got the receipes I will try it again with heavy cream and butter.I do wish it was easy to find posts I want but I can never find them again.So I will try and keep it on here instead if blanking screen xx

Reactions: maglil55

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
Are you using phone or computer? I use my phone and do a screenshot. If using computer, you can do "Alt" and "Prt Scrn" and paste in Word.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you so much for this.I could not get your suggestion up before when I was cooking dinner so just put cauliflower in microwave but it came out grains but now I have got the receipes I will try it again with heavy cream and butter.I do wish it was easy to find posts I want but I can never find them again.So I will try and keep it on here instead if blanking screen xx
There's an App called Copy Me That. I have it on my smartphone and my tablet as I had the same problem- could never find favourite recipes again. I use Android but no doubt it's available on iPhone as well. You just copy the recipes in from the web.
Old fashioned version - print and keep in a folder.

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you I am downloading that now.x

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Had cauliflower mash with my pork chop for dinner tonight was delicious.

Reactions: maglil55

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Who would have believed cauliflower could be such a delicious substitute for potato mash.
One of the woes of low carb for me is no potato mash which I loved. It is something I am sure we all had before diabetes even high end restaurants serve it. One of my all time favourites was cottage pie so no longer having real mash on it has really spoilt that. I make cauliflower and celeriac mash with cheese as a topping now but for me that is no substitute for the real thing

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One of the woes of low carb for me is no potato mash which I loved. It is something I am sure we all had before diabetes even high end restaurants serve it. One of my all time favourites was cottage pie so no longer having real mash on it has really spoilt that. I make cauliflower and celeriac mash with cheese as a topping now but for me that is no substitute for the real thing
I like swede mash as a substitute, with plenty of butter and pepper it is not as good as mashed potato but a close second and it reminds me of my old nemesis, the Cornish Pasty.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried the above recipe for cauliflower mash/puree last night to go with a roast chicken. I like cauliflower and I like cauliflower cheese so I wasn't suprised it was good but the consistency of very smooth mashed potato made it much better than I imagined. Definitely something I would do again, looking forward to sausage and mash, something I haven't had for a long time.

francesk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've been on LCHF since the beginning of January, I used to dislike cauliflower intensely, but since not eating potatoes I have taken to eating all forms of cauliflower now, and cauliflower mash is my absolute favourite! I use the Dietdoctor recipe, with a fair amount of pepper, sometimes add garlic granules and have also converted my non diabetic OH to it too!

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Made the cauliflower mash and served it with sausages and an onion gravy .....it was delicious.

Skunna64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fish pie topped with mashed Cauliflower and Cheese worked well

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Skunna64 & @sarah_chadwick - if you are making pies using cauli mash you can get a good crunchie topping by mixing ground pork scratching with parmesan and sprinkling on top of the mash. For fish I sometimes add lemon zest to the mix and fresh chopped parsley. I also use this pork scratching/parmesan/parsley mix for low carb 'breadcrumbs'.

sarah_chadwick

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Skunna64 & @sarah_chadwick - if you are making pies using cauli mash you can get a good crunchie topping by mixing ground pork scratching with parmesan and sprinkling on top of the mash. For fish I sometimes add lemon zest to the mix and fresh chopped parsley. I also use this pork scratching/parmesan/parsley mix for low carb 'breadcrumbs'.
sounds yummy! :hungry:

Reactions: Skunna64