cause of nausea

lynbrown

I am T2 on insulin and Mets, plus BP pills, angina pills, statins and aspirin. Since mid January, I feel nauseous for a few hours most days, usually after eating. I am never actually sick, just feel it. Sometimes I get a bit of a headache too. What could it be? Virus?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I am T2 on insulin and Mets, plus BP pills, angina pills, statins and aspirin. Since mid January, I feel nauseous for a few hours most days, usually after eating. I am never actually sick, just feel it. Sometimes I get a bit of a headache too. What could it be? Virus?

Of course it's not possible to reach diagnosis over the internet, have you looked at the Patient Information Leaflet in your meds and established if they are possible listed side effects or even contraindications?

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are any of your medications new since January ? Any other changes to your lifestyle and diet ?
I had those symptoms on Metformin but mine was as soon as I had started taking it.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Wouldn't happen to be in the mornings mainly would it?

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Checking things out with your doctor is never a bad idea, but what are your blood glucose values when you feel sick? Nausea is often a symptom of high blood glucose.